XPO Logistics, Inc. has named the five recipients of its 2015 Driver of the Year awards for its truckload business.
The XPO Logistics truckload Driver of the Year categories include individual and team awards for company and independent contractor drivers, and top regional driver. Recipients are selected based on safety, professionalism and exemplary performance.
- Rene Ibarra, Company Driver of the Year, joined the company’s truckload team in 1997. He has been driving professionally for 24 years.
- Ronald Dennis, Independent Contractor Driver of the Year, began servicing the company’s customers in 2009 and, since then, has driven nearly one million miles.
- Tom and Paulette Porter, Company Team of the Year, have been driving as a team for the company since 2010.
- Diana Prieto and Fausto Colon, Independent Contractor Team of the Year, have been servicing the company’s customers since 2000 and 2006 respectively. They have driven more than three million miles together.
- Baldemar Tovar, Regional Driver of the Year, joined the company’s truckload business in 2002 and has 25 years of experience as a professional driver.
Hank Bartos, president of the truckload business for XPO Logistics, said, “It takes an exceptional level of skill and a strong commitment to safety to succeed as a professional driver. We are fortunate to have these seven outstanding drivers on our team, supporting our customers. They set a high bar for excellence and have certainly earned this recognition.”
XPO honored the drivers during an awards ceremony at its truckload headquarters in Joplin, Mo. Winners were presented with cash and product prizes for their achievements.