Diesel prices rose a scant 0.2 cents per gallon in all areas of the nation last week, with only Midwest states showing a 1.3 cent per gallon decrease, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), which releas3ed figures on Monday.
For the week ending March 28, prices climbed as much as 3.8 cents per gallon in the Rocky Mountain states and 1.3 cents per gallon in the New England states and 1.2 cents per gallon in the Central Atlantic area.
Last week’s prices were still down a little more than 70 cents over the same time period a year ago.
Shown below are diesel prices by region for the week ending Monday, March 28:
- East Coast: $2.172 last week, $2.179 this week
- New England: $2.228 last week, $2.241 this week
- Central Atlantic: $2.280 last week, $2.292 this week
- Lower Atlantic: $2.079 last week, $2.081 this week
- Midwest: $2.090 last week, $2.077 this week
- Gulf Coast: $1.991 last week, $2.001 this week
- Rocky Mountains: $2.056 last week, $2.094 this week
- California: $2.418 last week, $2.425 this week.