The per-gallon price for a gallon of diesel fuel dropped an average 2.4 cents per gallon last week across the nation — down nearly 93 cents per gallon when compared to prices for the same time period a year ago.
According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), a gallon of diesel averaged $2.211 cents at truck stops, with the lowest posted prices seen at truck stops along the Gulf Coast. Prices in that region averaged $2.114 per gallon.
The highest prices averaged $2.595 in California, which was still nearly a cent and a half less expensive that the week before. The largest weekly decrease was 3.6 per gallon for the week at stations in the Rocky Mountains.
Shown below are diesel prices by region for the week ending Monday, Jan. 4:
- East Coast: $2.279 last week, $2.260 this week
- New England: $2.365 last week, $2.344 this week
- Central Atlantic: $2.412 last week, $2.391 this week
- Lower Atlantic: $2.161 last week, $2.143 this week
- Midwest: $2.163 last week, $2.130 this week
- Gulf Coast: $2.140 last week, $2.114 this week
- Rocky Mountains: $2.227 last week, $2.191 this week
- California: $2.609 last week, $2.595 this week.