Pump prices rose in all regions of the country last week, averaging $2.099 per gallon or 7.8 cents per gallon more, according to figures released Monday by the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA).
For the week ending March 14, prices climbed an average 9.1 cents in the lower Atlantic States and more than 8 cents per gallon in both the Midwest and Gulf Coast states.
Last week’s prices were still down nearly 82 cents over the same time period a year ago.
Shown below are diesel prices by region for the week ending Monday, March 14:
- East Coast: $2.77 last week, $2.153 this week
- New England: $2.147 last week, $2.204 this week
- Central Atlantic: $2.188 last week, $2.249 this week
- Lower Atlantic: $1.979 last week, $2.070 this week
- Midwest: $1.983 last week, $2.065 this week
- Gulf Coast: $1.907 last week, $1.990 this week
- Rocky Mountains: $1.927 last week, $1.999 this week
- California: $2.3176 last week, $2.390 this week.