Things were looking better for diesel fuel prices the last few weeks when they dipped for the first time in a month, but the report from the U.S. Energy Administration (EIA) this week shows prices increased 0.4 cents to $3.90 a gallon.
That’s still 12.6 cents per gallon lower than the average price a year ago this week, and some portions of the nation enjoyed price dips instead of increases.
Below is the breakdown for the week ending Aug. 19:
- East Coast: $3.900 this week, $3.896 last week
- New England: $4.036 this week, $4.045 last week
- Central Atlantic: $3.967 this week, $3.972 last week
- Lower Atlantic: $3.848 this week, $3.834 last week
- Midwest: $3.868 this week, $3.862 last week
- Gulf Coast: $3.822 this week, $3.824 last week
- Rocky Mountains: $3.920 this week, $3.930 last week
- California: $4.134 this week, $4.128 last week.