Doug White, vice president of maintenance of Dunbar Armored in Hunt Valley, Md., was elected this week as the 2016-2017 general chairman and treasurer of American Trucking Associations’ Technology & Maintenance Council.
“Doug has been a leader in our council and our industry for many years and I am pleased that he has been elected to the position of general chairman and treasurer,” said Carl Kirk, ATA vice president of maintenance, information technology & logistics and TMC executive director.
White, who served this past year as the council’s vice chairman and chairman of meetings, replaces Kevin Tomlinson, director of maintenance, South Shore Transportation, in the role.
“It is an honor to be named TMC chairman,” White said, “I want to thank my fellow TMC members for the opportunity and thank Kevin for his service to our organization.”
Others serving as TMC officers for 2016-2017 include:
- Vice Chairman and Chairman of Meetings Glen McDonald, Ozark Motor Lines
- Chairman of Study Groups Todd Cotier, Hartt Transportation
- Chairman of Membership and Publicity Peggy Fisher, TireStamp
- Chairman of Associates John Adami, NW Heavy Duty Component Sales
- Immediate Past Chairman Tomlinson
- Executive Director Carl Kirk.
- Allen Caldwell, First Fleet
- Kenneth Calhoun, Truck Centers of Arkansas
- Curtis Cummings, FedEx Freight
- David Foster, Premier Transportation
- Jeff Harris, Swift Transportation
- Joe Stiache, Peco Foods
- John Sullivan, Sullivan Management Solutions
- Dave Walters, Alcoa Wheel Products.
TMC is America’s technical society for truck equipment technology and maintenance professionals. TMC features a diverse membership of equipment managers, service-dealers, owner-operators, industry suppliers and manufacturers, educators, academia and others that support the trucking industry.
TMC member fleets represent the broad range of industry vocations, including truckload, less-than-truckload, municipal, private, on/off-highway, construction and other operations.