The price for a gallon of diesel dropped 6.5 cents across the country last week, averaging $2.112, and according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), prices have plummeted 10 cents per gallon in the past two week.
That’s a little more than 82 cents per gallon less than a year ago last week, according to EIA figures. And while prices dropped in every region of the country, the biggest decline came at truckstops in California, where gas averaged 7.3 cents per gallon less than a week ago.
Shown below are diesel prices by region for the week ending Monday, Jan. 18:
- East Coast: $2.229 last week, $2.174 this week
- New England: $2.344 last week, $2.277 this week
- Central Atlantic: $2.350 last week, $2.305 this week
- Lower Atlantic: $2.116 last week, $2.054 this week
- Midwest: $2.023 last week, $2.023 this week
- Gulf Coast: $2.080 last week, $2.014 this week
- Rocky Mountains: $2.134 last week, $2.078 this week
- California: $2.562 last week, $2.489 this week.