The average price for a gallon of diesel fuel within the United States dropped a little more than a penny (0.013) from figures released last week, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration’s (EIA) Gasoline and Diesel Fuel Update.
A gallon of diesel fuel averaged $3.896 this week — about 6.1 cents less per gallon than a year ago this week. Declines were recorded in all areas of the country this week, including California where prices were down a half cent over last week.
Here’s the breakdown for the week ending Aug. 12:
- United States: $3.896 this week, $3.909 last week
- East Coast: $3.908 this week, $3.909 last week
- New England: $4.045 this week, $4.056 last week
- Central Atlantic: $3.972 this week, $3.983 last week
- Lower Atlantic: $3.834 this week, $3.845 last week
- Midwest: $3.862 this week, $3.878 last week
- Gulf Coast: $3.824 this week, $3.841 last week
- Rocky Mountains: $3.930 this week, $3.931 last week
- California: $4.128 this week, $4.133 last week.