The Uniroyal brand said Wednesday it is launching six commercial truck tires in the U.S. market, providing a new tire line that provides offerings for every tire position and application.
The new tires were designed for long-haul, regional, on-off road, and include dry van, flatbed, construction and pick-up and delivery vocations. Two of the tires —Uniroyal’s RS20 and LS24 — are SmartWay-verified and meet the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) requirements for outstanding fuel efficiency.
“We are pleased to bring the Uniroyal brand, which has been in the U.S. passenger and light truck market for over 120 years, to the U.S. commercial truck market,” said Donna Murphy, business segment manager for Uniroyal Commercial Truck Tires. “Uniroyal truck tires provide affordable, reliable solutions for commercial truck operators.”
DuraShield construction, which is at the heart of every Uniroyal tire, provides a unique combination of features for durability, dependability and retreadability. Three strategic features, including pyramidal steel belts, insulating belt edge strips and a heavy gauge inner liner, work together to reduce stress, promote endurance and protect the tire’s casing.
Uniroyal’s new commercial truck tires are backed by a four-year manufacturer’s limited warranty. Certain tires used in long-haul and regional applications are also covered by a one-retread limited warranty.
The new Uniroyal line consists of six tread designs with 28 sizes:
- Uniroyal LS24: SmartWay-verified long-haul all-position tire optimized for the steer axle
- Uniroyal LT40: Long-haul and regional trailer tire
- Uniroyal RS20: SmartWay-verified regional all-position tire optimized for the steer axle
- Uniroyal RD30: Regional and long-haul drive tire
- Uniroyal® HS50: On-/off -road all-position tire optimized for the steer axle
- Uniroyal® HD60: On-/off-road drive tire