Rand McNally has introduced a seven-inch version of its TND Tablet for professional truck drivers, offering another option for a combined truck-specific GPS and pre-loaded Android tablet.
The new GPS tablet comes a year after Rand McNally debuted its TND Tablet with and eight-inch screen. Just like the original, the TND Tablet 70 brings together solutions drivers need while they are:
- operating their vehicle – such as truck-specific routing, mileage tracking and an on-board dash cam
- managing the business of driving – with pre-loaded apps such as document scanning, load matching, and book-keeping assistance
- taking advantage of down time – since the device is on the Android platform drivers can check email, keep up with social media, and download entertainment.
The TND Tablet 70 contains all the same features as the original eight-inch GPS tablet, but in a seven-inch screen-size format for those who prefer a slightly smaller device. Additionally, both tablets can be paired with the just-announced ELD 50 device to create a compliant electronic logging system.
The new tablet offers:
- IntelliRoute TND truck-specific navigation software
- Rand McNally’s TripMaker planning tool that allows drivers to create a trip on the tablet and then push the route to the GPS on the tablet for truck-specific routing
- An eBook edition of Rand McNally’s No. 1-selling Motor Carriers’ Road Atlas
- An onboard dash cam that records video of the road ahead
- A front-facing camera for capturing photos or using for Wi-Fi-enabled video calls
- Fuel Manager, from Let’s Truck – an easy, efficient, tank-by-tank tracking of fueling costs (including partials) and mileage. This app helps drivers learn how to improve their trucks’ fuel performance
- Profit Gauges, from Let’s Truck – the easiest accounting/bookkeeping system for owner-operators and company drivers alike includes overview screens for a quick business assessment, profit and loss statements, and month-end and tax reporting
- Truck It Smart’s load board – allows real-time access for posting and searching loads or trucks. A proven, powerful and easy-to-use tool, this online freight-matching solution helps simplify logistics and increase profitability for shippers, brokers, and truckers
- TRANSFLO Mobile+ providing a one-stop solution to speed cash flow and optimize communications between carriers, brokers and drivers by allowing scanning and submission of documents on the go (including accident and claims documents) using the tablet’s built-in camera.