Calling it the “one device that does it all,” Rand McNally has launched its TND Tablet that combines its advanced TND truck GPS device with an Android tablet that is pre-loaded with trucking applications and access to the Android marketplace.
The new in-cab device is designed to serve drivers on the road, in their mobile offices, and with their lives in general. The TND Tablet brings together solutions drivers need while operating their vehicles. These include truck-specific routing, mileage tracking and an on-board dash cam.
In addition, there are pre-loaded applications to help manage the business of driving such as document scanning, load matching and bookkeeping assistance. And, since the device is on the Android platform, it enables drivers to check email, keep up with social media, and download entertainment — all on a sharp, eight-inch screen.
“Our goal was to create an indispensible tool for professional truck drivers,” said Stephen Fletcher, CEO of Rand McNally. “The all-new device is able to handle the critical needs of drivers on the road — from award-winning navigation to
On the road, the TND Tablet offers:
- Award-winning IntelliRoute TND truck-specific navigation software
- Rand McNally’s TripMaker planning tool that allows drivers to create a trip on the tablet and then push the route to the TND on the tablet for routing
- An eBook edition of Rand McNally’s Motor Carriers’ Road Atlas
- An onboard dash cam that records video of the road ahead
- An option to use the tablet for E-logs, when paired with Rand McNally’s HD 100.
For business, the tablet includes apps from industry-known providers, each with special Rand McNally-only offerings:
- Fuel Manager, from Let’s Truck — an easy, efficient, tank-by-tank tracking of fueling costs (including partials) and mileage. This app helps drivers learn how to improve their trucks’ fuel performance.
- Profit Gauges, from Let’s Truck — the easiest accounting/bookkeeping system for owner-operators and company drivers alike includes overview screens for a quick business assessment, profit and loss statements, month end and tax reporting.
- Truck It Smart’s load board — enables real-time access for posting and searching loads or trucks. This online freight-matching solution helps simplify logistics and increase profitability for shippers, brokers and truckers.
- Transflo Mobile+ — provides a one-stop solution to speed cash flow and optimize communications between carriers, brokers and drivers by allowing scanning and submission of documents on the go (including accident and claims documents) using the tablet’s built-in camera.
For entertainment, Wi-Fi connectivity allows drivers to access additional applications in the Rand McNally market, check e-mail, and download movies and entertainment for use when off-duty.
The device itself features:
- A magnetic, commercial-grade powered mount with an additional GPS antenna, ensuring that the navigation experience is superior. Rugged enough for the in-cab environment, the mount is magnetic, allowing for the TND Tablet to easily be removed for use at a truckstop, home, or in the sleeping berth.
- At eight inches Rand McNally’s largest and brightest high-definition screen yet offers pinch and zoom functionality.
- Compatibility with rear or side-view camera (sold separately).