Pirelli has launched Pentathlon D a premium tire dedicated to long haul drive applications in North America. After a successful pilot phase and extensive testing, research and development, Pentathlon D is the first tire to launch in the Pentathlon product family for premium long haul needs in the US and Canada.
Featuring the most advanced Pirelli technology, tailored to the North American market, Pentathlon D is a formidable premium offering that gives fleets the best of both worlds – extremely high mileage, and fuel savings, and low emission benefits as a SmartWay verified tire with EcoImpact features.
Pentathlon D is the first tire to launch in the Pentathlon product family for premium long haul needs in the US and Canada. As the Pentathlon name connotes, this tire has five distinct areas that distinguish it:
- High mileage – a dual layer tread compound is incorporated into the design for long lasting performance
- Energy efficiency – achieved via a specialized undertread compound to provide lower rolling resistance, and therefore lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions
- Even wear – an optimized pattern geometry and 3SB belt evolution ensures durable, even wear
- High traction – a directional tread pattern for excellent grip on wet and dry
- High retreadability – Pirelli’s patented Spiral Advanced Technology for Truck (SATT) technology, combined with Hexa Bead Wire delivers the ultimate retreadability
“Pentathlon D provided excellent results in testing against the industry’s most important performance benchmarks of mileage and traction in all conditions. This is a true embodiment of everything the Pirelli brand stands for – high performance, premium quality, innovative technology and industry leadership,” said Clif Armstrong, President of TP Commercial Solutions LLC.