Magellan, a leader of GPS devices and content services for commercial trucks, is introducing its latest commercial series GPS — the RoadMate RC9485T-LMB — at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Ky., this week.
The 7-inch Android truck GPS navigation system is optimized for professional drivers, while still providing Magellan’s leading safety, convenience and trip-planning features. It will be demonstrated during MATS in the Transportation Information Systems Booth, No. 67136.
The Magellan RoadMate RC9485T-LMB ensures a safe and convenient trip for all drivers due to its seven-inch glass capacitive touch panel, an extra loud speaker designed for larger cabins, and an external Audio/Video input for a backup camera. It also features speed and traffic camera alerts from PhantomALERT and Junction View for safe merging and exiting. Its OneTouch Favorites Menu allows for a personalized travel experience while further increasing safety and convenience.
The RC9485T-LMB connects to the Magellan SmartGPS Eco cloud, providing drivers with customizable real-time, location-based information and content, such as weather overlays and lowest fuel pricing, to improve efficiency and help save money.
The Magellan RoadMate RC9485T-LMB provides drivers with many truck-specific navigation features. These include:
- Customizable Truck Routes allows drivers to input vehicle profiles. It then calculates permissible and optimized routes based on height, weight, width, length, hazmat restrictions and personal preferences.
- Multiple-stop Routing lets drivers plan their trip with multiple stops in the order they want or automatically optimizes for the most efficient route, saving time and money.
- Highway Lane Assist uses arrows to help drivers navigate highway interchanges, ensuring in advance they’re in the most appropriate lane. Exit POIs indicate which truck stops, food, lodging, rest areas and weigh stations are located at an approaching exit.
- Landmark Guidance gives users an easier way to navigate to their destinations by telling them to turn at recognizable landmarks, such as gas stations, stores or other large, easily-seen places instead of only street names that may be hard to locate and/or read.
- Junction View displays a realistic image of the road and highway signs to help guide drivers to the correct lane for safe merging and exiting.
- Free Lifetime Traffic Alerts, sent directly to their GPS unit, lets users plan more precise travel times and ETAs by avoiding traffic jams and other delays.
- HOS and IFTA Logbook for driver status reporting of hours of service and state mileage for fuel logging
- Integrated Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Technology allows drivers to safely talk hands- free on compatible Bluetooth phones.
- Multiple Driver Log-in allows multiple drivers to log HOS, driving status, track hours and record state mileage. Drivers can also conveniently export all logs for reporting and tracking of each trip.
- Blackbox Upgrade Ready allows for the future growth of your business.