Mack Trucks says its new Bulldog mDRIVE Transmission Fluid SAE 75W-80 is designed specifically to complement the performance of its mDRIVE automated manual transmission.
The new transmission fluid is a fully synthetic, heavy-duty transmission lubricant that delivers the component protection and fuel economy demanded by the mDRIVE, and is formulated to meet the exacting Transmission Fluid 97318 specification.
Key benefits include:
- 75W-80 viscosity grade – Maintains the fuel economy benefits of the mDRIVE through reduced viscous churn, smoother gear meshing and easier pumping and filtering
- High-viscosity index – Allows for low-temperature fluidity for quicker starts, easy shifts and reduced wear during cold start-ups while providing strong lubricating films at higher temperatures
- Exceptional shear stability – Maintains effective viscosity and film strength for better wear protection during severe operation
- Excellent load carrying capability – Helps protect against wear under all operating conditions throughout the life of the transmission
- Outstanding thermal durability and oxidation resistance – Protects against deposit formation, and contributes to long seal life and extended oil drain and service intervals
- Stable, optimized friction properties – Allows for smooth and rapid gear shifting, which can reduce stress on the driveline and tires
- Extended drain capability – Approved for up to 500,000-mile oil drain intervals, helping to reduce operating costs
Bulldog’s mDRIVE Transmission Fluid SAE 75W-80 is available in both five-gallon pails and four, one-gallon jugs.
For more information, visit www.macktrucks.com.