The heavy-duty International WorkStar vocation truck — powered by Navistar’s 13-liter engine with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) emissions technology — made its debut today, becoming the fourth International truck model to transition to SCR technology since December 2012.
Bill Kozek, president of North America Truck and Parts at Navistar, said, “We are on schedule to complete the SCR transition in our remaining heavy-duty truck offerings by early August.”
The company’s portfolio of SCR-based heavy-duty trucks also includes the International ProStar, International PayStar 5900 Set-Back Axle and International 9900i — all available with the Cummins ISX15 engine. In addition, Navistar’s proprietary 13-liter engine with SCR was launched in the ProStar in April and is now available in the WorkStar.
The remaining line-up of International heavy-duty truck models will transition to SCR emissions technology in a phased launch in the coming weeks based on volume and customer demand.
The new WorkStar is designed to take on the heaviest loads and the most rugged jobs. The heavy-duty WorkStar model includes two variations, 7600 SBA (46-inch setback axle) and 7600 SFA (30-inch set-forward axle). Both models feature a 113-inch BBC (bumper to back-of-cab).
- Available high-visibility hood where front-end power take-off (FEPTO) is not required
- Available 4×2, 6×4 and 8×6 axle configurations
- Available from 365 horsepower, 1,250 pounds-feet of torque up to 475 horsepower, 1,700 pounds-feet of torque
- Huck-bolted frame and crossmember system with a number of frame-rail options for maximum durability
- Diamond Logic electrical system for greater reliability, improved productivity and lower maintenance costs
- Double-sided, galvanized steel cab
- Dual-powered steering gears and large front axle for maneuverability
- Wrap-around panoramic windshield for visibility where FEPTO is not required
- Optional Eagle interior with premium rosewood dashboard and easy-to-read ivory gauges or chrome bezel black gauges on instrument panel
- Easy-to-clean vocational floor mats and vinyl interior panels throughout the cab to improve durability
For more information, visit www.navistar.com.