Displayed this week during the inaugural North American Commercial Vehicle Show in Atlanta, Ga., the Endurance LHD is The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company’s best long-haul tire for miles to removal.
“In today’s ultra-competitive freight hauling environment, no truck tire performance benefit is probably more important than long miles to removal,” said Dustin Lancy, marketing manager, Goodyear. “Enhanced mileage is an attribute that can positively impact a long-haul fleet’s bottom line.”
Available now, the SmartWay-verified Endurance LHD drive tire is the latest addition to Goodyear’s Endurance line, which also includes the Endurance WHA, Goodyear’s longest-lasting waste haul tire, and the Endurance RSA, a regional/long-haul tire.
“Our Endurance family is an important element of Goodyear’s Total Solution of trusted products, a nationwide network, reliable services and fleet management tools – all designed to help fleets lower their operating costs,” said Lancy.
The Goodyear Endurance LHD contains a wide range of features, including:
- A new cap base tread combination to help promote longer miles to removal and lower rolling resistance
- A new sidewall compound to help lower rolling resistance and promote fuel efficiency
- A steel belt package to help provide enhanced casing toughness
- A shoulder wedge, which was developed to help stabilize the tire’s belt package while improving its longevity
- Goodyear Tredlock Technology to help stabilize the tire’s tread area for long miles to removal and resistance to irregular wear
The tire is now available in size 295/75R22.5 (Load Range G) and 11R22.5 (Load Ranges G and H.) Another size, 11R24.5 (Load Range G), will be available in December. Sizes 11R24.5 (Load Range H) and 285/75R24.5 (Load Range G) will be available in January 2018.
In addition, for long-haul fleets that want to extend the lifecycle of the Endurance LHD, Goodyear currently plans to introduce a matching retread in 2018.
The Endurance LHD retread will feature Goodyear UniCircle Technology. “The spliceless design of our UniCircle treads matches the shape of the tire’s casing,” said Lancy.
The Goodyear Endurance LHD is available through the Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Network, which encompasses more than 2,300 locations throughout the United States and Canada.
“Our goal is to help fleets reduce their total cost of ownership,” said Lancy. “We are confident these products will help accomplish that.”