Remy International Inc., which manufacture Delco Remy heavy-duty starters and alternators, has introduced the Delco Remy 38MT+ heavy-duty starter, which means Remy now has a starter for every application in the North America truck market.
The 38MT+(P/N 8200977), which is designed to fit Paccar MX 11 and 13-liter engines, packs the punch of leading Delco Remy starters like the 39MT and the 44MT, but in a unit that is smaller and lighter.
“We took all of our learning over the last decade that we had from the 38MT, 39MT and 44MT and built this newest model with the same level of cranking power and reliability — but in a smaller, lighter frame,” says Randy Andis, director of aftermarket operations. “It gives our customers a solid alternative for Paccar engines.”
The key features of this heavy-duty starter include:
- Integrated Over Crank Protection, a built-in circuit breaker that protects the starter from thermal damage and automatically resets at a safe operating temperature while eliminating the need for a wiring harness.
- Integral Magnet Switch that reduces voltage drop and ensures the solenoid receives the maximum available voltage in any starting condition.
- Electrical soft-start to consistently and accurately engage the pinion with the ring gear, providing increased reliability.
- Warranty options, including non-OCP model with one-year/unlimited miles and integrated OCP model with three-year/unlimited miles
- The 38MT+ also gives customers a choice, where they didn’t have one before.
Founded by the Remy Brothers in 1896, Remy International Inc. is a leading global manufacturer and remanufacturer of alternators, starter motors and electric traction motors.